The Rotary Club of Nanaimo Oceanside is excited to announce that we will be hosting our 17th ANNUAL JAMES BOND GALA & Charity Auction on May 13, 2017 at the Coast Bastion Hotel. This year our movie theme is “MOONRAKER”.
This is our largest fundraiser of the year. With your participation, these are some of the remarkable things we have already been able to achieve together:
- We envisioned and then raised the money for the Rotary Field House on Third St.
- We have donated tens of thousands towards scholarships for Vancouver Island University students, and Nanaimo Ladysmith Schools Foundation to award to local students entering post-secondary.
- Haven House has received over $20,000 from our efforts.
- We have collected over 10,000 toys and tens of thousands of pounds of food over the past 18 years during our annual Christmas Toy Drive.
- Funded local school breakfast programs, thousands of healthy breakfasts served!
- We have donated many ShelterBoxes to communities and regions around the world that have suffered disasters such as the Haiti and Nepal Earthquakes.
To continue the great work we do in our community and around the world, we are seeking sponsorships and donations of auction items for our event. This is a highly publicized gala with posters, traditional and social media advertising, and has become a signature event in Nanaimo’s annual calendar with many of the ‘who’s who’ of Nanaimo attending our formal soiré.
Our goal this year is to raise in excess of $30,000. We will be entertaining over 200 people from our community, with an amazing FLOOR SHOW, fabulous DINNER, Live & Silent AUCTIONS, and dancing to a Live Band – The TIMEBENDERS. Tables seat 10 people, and are available for $1,250.00 each. Individual tickets are available for $125 each. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support and for attending the event!
Partial proceeds go to The Nanaimo Child Development Centre’s Bounce Back and Thrive program.
To order by phone call…
Kalon Goodrich at 250-618-8718 or
Greg Bullock 250-755-9654 or
Billy Joe Checko 250-891-5405 or
Darryl Mattern 250-741-7740